LPG

Nigeria LPG industry consumption and performance – July 2021

Nigeria LPG industry consumption and performance – July 2021

According to PPPRA, the LPG industry lifted a total volume of 118,329MT during July 2021; a 19% increase Year-on-Year and a 0% increase from June 2021 volumes. Volumes include LPG & Propane from Import and local sources – NPDC Oredo, Kwale Hydro Carbon Ltd (KHL), PNG – Umutu, and Greenville. ( source PPPRA). Volumes also included PNG – Umutu, and Greenville – Rumuji figures but didn’t capture their respective propane volumes. See how the players performed below.

For the first time, the Nigeria LPG industry achieves over 100,000MT in LPG volumes for 2 consecutive months.
The Nigeria LPG industry moved 118,329.22MT (PPPRA) during July 2021. see June report 

107,224.584MT was mainly Butane while 11,104.640MT was mainly Propane, with Kwale Hydrocarbon Ltd in Kwale contributing over 95% of the propane volumes.
For the Butane volumes, 47% of the volumes came from Import while the balance 53% came from local with NLNG taking 71% of the local volumes.

 

Nigeria LPG supply July 2021
Nigeria LPG supply July 2021

 

LPG sources in Nigeria.

LPG sourcing remained impressive during the month with the majority of the supplies (53%) from domestic sources.

At 40,198 MT, NLNG was responsible for about 37% of the LPG ( Butane-mix)  supply volumes with no real improvement on June LPG supplies of 43,000MT. Other local sources came from Greenville, PNG, KHL, and NPDC Oredo.

Prices of LPG at the depots hit 7 Million per 20 MT  and above before the end of the month, while international prices hit a year-high of 595USD/MT from 558.9 at the end of June.

Nigeria LPG seaborne by origin July 2021
Nigeria LPG seaborne by origin July 2021

Market Leaders in the Nigeria LPG market in July 2021.

Algasco tops the marketers’ performance chart with 21% of the market. NIPCO follows closely with 17% of the market. The NLNG LPG – Offtakers took 12% of the market. Others were Stockgap and Prudent energy with 11% and 10% respectively.

LPG marketers performance July 2021

How the LPG – Butane Depot fared in July 2021

LPG Depot performance in July 2021
LPG Depot performance in July 2021

Again, the NIPCO LPG depot was the most optimized in the month of July, with 23% of the LPG in the industry passing through their depot. NAVGAS and Stockgap followed closely at 16 and 15% respectively.

LPG volumes by depot July 2021

Market Leaders in the Nigeria Propane market in July 2021.

The dominant player for the month of July remains KHL, supplying over 10,000 MT ( 96%) to the market. NPDC, Oredo, supplied the remaining 4% of the propane. There were no activities reported from Greenville – Rumuji and PNG – Umutu plants.

Propane marketers July 2021
Propane marketers July 2021

 

We like to appreciate PPPRA’s support of the industry by its continuous improvement in the reporting on LPG and propane volumes.

Thank you for stopping by, please follow our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates on the Nigerian LPG industry.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *