The Daily Post reports that a family of four got injured from an LPG cylinder fire incident.
The fire incident may have been caused by the mishandling of the LPG cylinder as a result of an impromptu relocation of the family. The family house was ravaged by the recent flood in Kogi which led to their hurried relocation to a temporal accommodation.
DAILY POST learned that the incident happened on Wednesday 28th September 2022 at Adankolo a suburb of Lokoja, the Kogi State capital.
Unfortunately, after they moved into their new place as they were trying to use gas to cook, it suddenly exploded, affecting four of them with severe life-threatening burns which left all of them in critical condition.
The affected victims, according to DAILY POST findings are Musa Aminat, Muhammed Musa, Abdulsalam Hadizat, and Usman Halimat Sadiya.
DAILY POST correspondent in Lokoja, who visited the gas victims who are all admitted at the Federal Medical Center Lokoja, observed that they are all in critical condition with bandages and plaster all over their bodies.
Learning Points from Lokoja LPG Fire incident.
Users of LPG should at all times ensure that the cylinder and accessories are properly fixed and in place before use, to avoid the incidence of explosion. Users should also look out for leakages by being attentive to any unusual smell and wet cylinder surface.